Monday, September 23, 2013

There is no light in closed environments in space...

In closed environment like old abandon derelicts, asteroid mines or tunnels light should be pretty much non existant, it should be dark, the darkest of all, so I just decided that is time to add some of this into the game, while exploring those places you will have to rely on lights or sensors and this is just my first try to see how light will work inside a derelict.





Still there is a lot of work to do to make sure that all the illumination goes as planned, at this moment is very basic since I just wrote the code in 2 hours including the basic pixel shader. Now a more complicated ray casting method may be implemented since I don't want the player to see other corridors that are behind the next wall, and also I need to still enable the collision detection inside tunnels, but looks interesting enough to continue this approach. I am still thinking if sensors should show more on screen, in this case all walls around you depending on your sensors upgrade level and power distribution, I will show up the idea in another screenshot later during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment