Sunday, August 11, 2013

Another day , another challenge resolved

One more day has passed, and another challenge resolved, I spent a day programming the virtual cameras and weapons systems, the rudimentary UI and weapon selection is also working, ammo, missiles and torpedo additional storage modules are working now and firing is working finally. Still need time to implement the use of the energy distribution system which I may not be able to implement due to lack of time, but I will try my best.

Since only one week is left, I am wondering if I will have enough time to develop the ship editor, since at this moment I am creating ships in notepad the editor will be crucial to the final game to add different modules and create different shapes, most probably I will need about 2 days from the next week to implement it. Today's task is to write and finish the collision detection algoritm so finally weapons can do some serious damage!, not sure if I can make a very robust collision detection algorithm between ship to ship.

One idea that I am looking to implement is the ability to just crash your ship against the enemy, let's say is your last enemy and you run out of ammo and your laser guns are destroyed, what else can you do? just crash your ship and self destruct it to kill your last enemy, pretty neat idea, but for that I need to have the ship to ship collision detection working and one more module, the escape pod module, so you and your crew can escape your final destiny and save the day. And of course, you only have one life, you die and is over, I want the player to be very serious while playing this game, have fun and feel the pressure that while playing the game it is like real life, you only have one life so don't do stupid things, at least at the beginning, I may decide to implement a legacy option, so you can store some of the stuff you have in the bank or depot  or something like that for your next play, but I may not too, it all depends on the time left!, but if the game ends up being very fun, I may do a second version later. And I also have the name of the game now, I will post some screens and the name of the game in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment